Microsoft Edge is currently considered the fastest web browser available. Users benefit from the ability to quickly open web pages, but ads slow down the process and interfere with the user experience. When browsing websites, users are bombarded with pop-up and inline ads.
In addition to being annoying and slowing down page loading speed, ads and pop-ups:
- can threaten user privacy.
- May contain malware
- Clutter up the screen.
- Distract users.
- Protect impulsive shoppers from shopping.
- Use bandwidth.
- Discharge the battery.
In response to this invasion, developers have created browser extensions to block ads in Edge. Below are six free extensions for Microsoft Edge that you can use to block ads:
Some of Ghostery‘s other features include:
- Protecting your privacy
- Increasing your browsing speed
- Blocking scripts that slow down page performance.
- Eliminate clutter by removing ads from your web page.
Choose from a variety of display options and dashboards to customize the look. This way, you will only see information that is relevant to you.
Social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube will be blocked from showing user-recommended pages.
Adguard blocks all types of ads, including:
- Banner and text (Facebook AdBlock
- Multimedia advertising
- Videos (YouTube Adblock)
- Unwanted pop-ups (pop-up blocker)
- Accelerates the loading of web pages.
- Protects your privacy by blocking third-party tracking systems, adware, phishing, malware and spyware.
- Blocks multiple dialer installers.
Protect your privacy, remove social media widgets and protect yourself from online threats with AdGuard AdBlocker.
Adblock Plus is an extension for all browsers. It supports websites by not automatically allowing certain types of ads to run.
By default, it also whitelists non-intrusive ads.
Some of the additional benefits of Adblock Plus allow users to:
- add domains to the non-blocking whitelist;
- subscribe to third-party filter lists
- Control the appearance of the extension in the toolbar.
- Create your own filter.
- Disable malicious domains, ad tracking, and popular social media post buttons.
- Use in Android and iOS mobile devices
Block ads and protect your system from malicious sites with uBlock Origin, a lightweight ad-blocking extension for Microsoft Edge.
uBlock Origin gets rid of data or browsing history to prevent it from being sold to other websites using an improved anti-tracking method. This is also:
- Ease of CPU memory usage
- Flexibility and allows users to create and read filters from host files.
- Customizable with many menu configuration options
- Easily enable or disable ad blocking for any website.
Create block filters or choose from the block lists included in the extension.
Usage Note: The power button will only enable or disable ads from the site you are currently on; it is not a global button.
AdBlocker Ultimate ad unit types:
With Adblocker Ultimate, you can re-enable ads for websites that you know do not contain misleading or intrusive ads.
- whitelist specific YouTube channels;
- subscribe to filter lists;
- Serve ads on selected URLs and domains;
- Allow some forms of advertising by changing settings.
- Create your own filters.
- Block ads on the site URL.
AdBlock supports websites without blocking non-intrusive ads. You will see an automatically generated notification that you have access to your website data and browsing history.
This is because AdBlock runs on every tab. Rest assured that he has no control over you and you never have to give up any personal information. The use of ad blockers serves many purposes other than preventing ads from wasting your time or annoying you.
Ads can slow down your browser, distribute malware, track your browsing history, and collect data about your location and interests.
Choose one of the above extensions to block ads in Edge and enjoy more computer privacy, better browsing experience, longer battery life and faster downloads.