Photoshop is without a doubt one of the best image editors available. It contains some really great tools to edit and enhance your photos. Pretty much anything you will ever want to do with your photographs can be done with Photoshop
It includes basic tasks such as resizing your photos and some advanced tasks, as well as applying various effects such as a mirror effect to your images. It’s pretty easy to complete these tasks in the app, but you can definitely get help to get your tasks done faster.
Resize an image in Photoshop
Often when you upload files to a website or want to send someone a photo and it is too big, you need to resize the image to fit your requirements.
Photoshop helps you quickly and easily resize photos using a variety of size units and options.
- Open the photo in Photoshop on your computer.
- Click the image menu at the top and select Image Size.
- In the “Dimensions in pixels” section, you can change the width and height of the photo. Set whatever you want and make sure the correct unit is selected in the drop-down menu next to your values.
Then click OK.
- When you change the width or height (but not both), the aspect ratio is preserved. However, if you don’t want this, you can deselect the Constrain Proportions checkbox in the resize bar.
Crop an image in Photoshop
You will want to crop your photos if they have extra elements that you don’t need. Cropping allows you to keep only a selected portion of the photo while deleting everything else.
Photoshop allows you to crop either manually or using pre-filled values.
- With the photo open in Photoshop, click the crop icon in the toolbox.
- Click on your photo and you can select the parts you want to keep. When finished, click the icon highlighted in the screenshot below to save your changes.
- If you want to crop a photo to a specific size, you can enter size values ??in pixels at the top of the screen.
- You can also choose one of the default crop options for your photo, such as a square crop option that helps you crop your photo in a square shape, etc.
Flip an image into Photoshop
When it comes to flipping a photo in Photoshop, you have two ways to do it. Either you can flip the entire image, which flips everything you see on the screen, or you can flip the selected layer. The latter will only reflect the contents of that layer, not the entire image.
- To flip the entire image in Photoshop, click the image menu at the top and choose Rotate Image. Here you will see two options: Flip Canvas Horizontally and Flip Canvas Vertically.
You can choose any of these options to flip the photo.
- If you only want to flip the selected layer, select that layer, click the Edit menu at the top, choose Transform, and choose Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical.
- If you want to blur your entire photo, click the Filter menu at the top, choose Blur, and choose any of the available blur options.
- If you are applying a blur effect and you don’t like it, press Ctrl + Z to undo the effect.
- To blur a selection in a photo, use the selection tool to first select an area. Then use the same Filter> Blur menu to blur the photo.
- While your photo is open in the application, click the zoom tool on the left of the tool list.
- Click where you want to enlarge the photo and the photo will enlarge by itself.
- Another way to zoom in or out is to use the View menu. Click the View menu at the top and choose Zoom In or Zoom Out, depending on what you want to do.
- Open the image you want to rotate in Photoshop
- Click the Edit menu at the top and choose Convert. You will see three options for rotation:
Rotate 180 – The photo is rotated 180 degrees.
Rotate 90 CW – The photo is rotated 90 degrees clockwise.
Rotate 90 CCW – rotates. your photo is 90 degrees counterclockwise.
- Don’t forget to save the image after rotating it.
- Right-click the background layer and choose Duplicate Layer.
- Click the Image menu at the top and select Canvas Size.
- Resize to Percentage and enter 200 in the Width box. Then click the middle icon on the left and click OK.
- Click the Move Tool and drag the image to the right. Now you have two completely identical images on your screen.
- Click the Edit menu and select Transform and then Flip Horizontal.
- Your photo should now be mirrored.
Darken an image in Photoshop
Blur helps hide sensitive information in photos, and Photoshop has several tools for this. You can select the area you want to blur and then choose one of the available blur options.
How to zoom in and out in Photoshop
High-resolution photos often need to be enlarged in order to see certain parts that are not clearly visible in normal viewing. Photoshop allows you to zoom in and out to a great extent, and there are different ways to access this feature.
Rotate an image in Photoshop
If your photo is in portrait orientation but should have been in landscape orientation or vice versa, you can fix this by rotating it in Photoshop You have several directions to rotate a photo in the app, and it’s pretty easy to do.
After that, your photo will change the orientation you selected in the app.
Invert an image in Photoshop
The mirror effect can be achieved by combining multiple tools in a workaround in the application.
Photoshop has tremendous capabilities to help you edit and retouch your photos Are you using it to enhance the visuals of your photos? What’s your favorite tool in the app? Let us know in the comments below!