8 Secret Techniques To Improve How To Record Discord Audio.8 Secret Techniques To Record Discord Audio,
How did instant messaging and VoIP, used primarily by gamers, become the preferred communication medium for education and business? The answer is pretty simple.
Discord has created a fun product for a group of early adopters of technology and it has infiltrated their daily lives. Since Discord is the preferred way to communicate, learn, and run business right now, people want to know how to record audio on Discord.
Applications to record Discord voice
We’re fans of apps that are easy to learn and use for a lot of things. There are two apps that are great for recording audio to Discord, which can also be used for anything from streaming to making studio quality music.
This is a free OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) and a proprietary Camtasia application.
How to Record the Sound of Gesture with Camtasia
Camtasia is used by over 24 million people for screen recording and video tutorial creation, especially by educators, instructors and teachers. Get a free 30-day trial of Camtasia before purchasing a license. At the time of writing, a personal license costs about $ 250 and an educational license about $ 170 each.
- Click the Start button.
- Search in Camtasia.
- Select Camtasia Recorder. This is the fastest way to start recording.
- In the Record window, select the down arrow on the Audio button.
- Choose to record what you say through the microphone, or Don’t record microphone if you don’t want your voice to be recorded.
- Make sure there is a check mark next to the recording system audio to record voices in Discord.
- Press the big red record button to start recording, or press F9.
- When finished recording, select Stop or press F10. Camtasia Studio will open and the recording will already be staged.
- Select lane 1 labeled Screen. It features video and audio from Discord. Track 2 labeled “Audio” is your microphone recording.
- Choose Edit> Split Audio And Video to separate the audio from Track 1 – Screen.
- You will now see three tracks that you can edit and save.
How to Record Discord Voice Using OBS
OBS Studio has established itself in the world of streaming games on Twitch and YouTube. It is a free, open source professional-grade recording and streaming application.
You can download OBS for Windows, Mac and Linux. If you love OBS, donate to them to keep them great. Visit the public OBS Discord server to learn more and ask questions.
- Make sure the audio format is set to MP4. This will make it easier to work with sound in Audacity or your favorite audio studio. Select File”.
- Select Preferences.
In Audio Mixer, you will see your new Discord source. Use the slider on the blue bar to adjust the recording volume and the speaker icon to mute and unmute the sound.
How to Record Discord Voice on Android or iPhone
Recording Discord audio to your smartphone is not as easy as it sounds. Currently, smartphone screen recorders only record internal audio. They also cannot record microphone.
If you have your own Discord server, you can use the Craig Discord bot. It will record audio to Discord on iPhone, Android, Windows, Mac or Linux. Craig can be anywhere you can install Discord. Craig will only record audio on Discord on servers you own.
After authorization, you will see an authorization notification.
Craig will display a message on Discord to let you know this is a post and other information.
That’s all it takes to record audio to Discord for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, or iPhone. Do you do it differently? We would love to hear about it.
- In the Preferences window, select Output.
- From the Recording Format drop-down list, select mp4, then click OK.
- To add audio from Discord, go to the Sources area and click the plus (+) button.
- Select Capture Audio Output to create a new source.
- The default will be “Create New”, you can rename it or keep the default name. Click “OK” to create it.
- In the Properties window that opens, the default settings are fine. Select “OK”.
- Select Start Recording.
- When finished, select Stop Recording or click the pause button next to it.
- Stop recording? A window will open confirming that you really want to stop. Select Yes to stop or No to continue if you make a mistake.
- When logged into Discord, open your web browser and go to craig.chat. Select “Invite Craig to Your Discord Server”.
- Select your server where you want to add the Craig bot. Please note that Craig cannot read your messages or send messages on your behalf.
- Select “Login”.
- Make sure you are a sentient meatbag and not a robot.
- Go back to Discord and enter one of the text chat channels. Enter the emoticon command: craig: join Lounge, where Lounge is the name of the voice channel you want to record.
- Go to your voice channel. Please note that Craig is already there and it says RECORD in big letters. All members of your voice channel will see this. No secret record. Select “Join Voice”.
- If you want to stop Craig recording audio to Discord, go back to the text chat channel and enter the emoji command: craig:, Leave.
- You will see that Craig has switched to your direct message. Go read it.
- Craig will provide you with links to download or delete the entry. Choose the one you need.
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to open this link. Note that it shows you the complete url that it will use. Also note that you can click Trust This Domain and future links to Craig will open automatically. Select “Confirm”.
- Your web browser will open. There are several options for uploading your post to Discord. In a multi-track, each participant will have their own track. This can be useful for removing annoying people or highlighting the desired sound. In a single track, everyone is on the same track, which reduces the file size. Click the desired audio format and track type to load the recorded Discord audio session.
- Best 30 Tips For How To Record Discord Audio
8 Secret Techniques To Improve How To Record Discord Audio