Spotify may be one of the first streaming services to hit the market, but it’s no longer the only option for consumers. Apple Music has built a sizeable user base since its first launch in 2015 and is now the best streaming service for Apple device owners and millions more.
If you’re thinking about switching from Spotify to Apple Music, you probably don’t want to lose your carefully crafted playlists. Although the process is not easy, it is possible to convert Spotify playlist to Apple Music if you want. Here’s how to do it on desktops and mobile devices.
Use SongShift to convert Spotify playlist to Apple Music on iOS
Unfortunately, there is no built-in option to convert Spotify playlist to Apple Music, but you can use the SongShift app to do it on iOS if you need to. Apps like STAMP exist for Android users.
SongShift allows you to move your playlist and music library between several different music streaming platforms. It supports Spotify and Apple Music, as well as other platforms like Deezer and YouTube Music, and allows you to view song matches and undo any inappropriate songs during the transfer process.
- First, download and install SongShift from the App Store, then open the app. Tap the SongShift icon at the bottom of the screen to start the transfer process.
- On the next screen, tap the Source option.
- Click on the Connect More option.
- Scroll until you find the Spotify option, then click Connect. Use your Spotify account credentials to login in this step.
- Repeat this for Apple Music: Search for Apple Music and click Connect, and then sign in with your Apple Music account information.
- With both services connected, return to the Shift customization screen and click Customization Source again. Select Spotify as the setting source, then click Playlist.
- Select the playlist or playlists you want to rip from Spotify to Apple Music from the Original Playlist screen. Free SongShift users can only stream one playlist at a time, while premium users can select multiple playlists to transfer. When you’re done choosing playlists, click Select.
- Tap Settings to start transferring your playlist to Apple Music. Select Apple Music as your destination, then click New Playlist.
- Make sure the settings are correct (including the new playlist name), then click I’m Done to start the transfer process.
Convert Spotify to Apple Music Playlist Matches with SongShift
The SongShift app and service will start copying your playlist settings from Spotify to Apple Music Not all songs will carry over, however – rights restrictions mean Spotify and Apple Music don’t always have the same artists and bands to play.
You will need to view your playlist before you allow SongShift to create it in Apple Music.
- After the playlist transfer is complete, tap your playlist on the SongShift screen under Ready to Test.
- The match browse screen will list various songs from your Spotify playlist and compare them with the matches found by SongShift in Apple Music. You can edit any song matches by clicking the edit icon next to the entry.
- If you have any bad matches, click the Ignore button in the Failed Matches section to remove them from the new Apple Music playlist. If you have a premium subscription to SongShift Pro, you can also click Re-match to manually search for an equivalent song.
- If you are satisfied with your choice, click the Confirm Match button.
At this point, SongShift will start copying your new playlist to Apple Music. Once the process is complete, you will be able to play your playlist in the Apple Music app on your iOS device and other platforms.
Convert Spotify Playlists to Apple Music Online
If you want to convert Spotify playlist to Apple Music on other platforms like Windows or macOS, you can use an online service like Soundiiz This works similarly to SongShift, copying your playlists from one music streaming service to another.
Copying playlists from one platform to another requires a premium Soundiiz subscription – if that’s an issue, consider using SongShift or STAMP instead.
- You need to register for a Soundiiz account before you can use This. After registering and logging in, go to the Soundiiz web app in your browser. Click the Spotify icon on the left, then click Connect.
- Sign in to your Spotify account using your login details. Once Spotify is connected, repeat the steps for Apple Music by clicking the Apple Music icon on the left and clicking Connect. Use your Apple Music account details to sign in at this step.
- With Spotify and Apple Music connected to your Soundiiz account, click the Platform – Platform option in the left menu under Tools.
- Select Spotify as the source service and Apple Music as the target service.
- Select the Playlists checkbox to transfer your playlists from Spotify to Apple Music, then click Confirm Selection to confirm.
- Start transferring the playlist by clicking the Start Transfer button in the last step.
At this point, all your saved Spotify playlists will start transferring to Apple Music. You can see how this is happening, including any missing matches, by clicking the My Batches tab under Automation in the left menu.
Switch between streaming services
With platforms like Apple Music, consumers have a much greater choice of streaming services. If Apple Music or Spotify isn’t right for you, you might be better off considering alternative platforms like YouTube Music However, Apple users might want to upgrade to Apple Music.
If you’re just getting started with Apple Music, here are some little-known Apple Music tips to help you get the most out of the service. If you have any tips please share them in the comments below.
Comment on “How To Convert a Spotify Playlist To An Apple Music Playlist”