How to Convert Multiple Images into PDF Files. how to convert multiple images to pdf
Images can exist on their own. But sometimes you need to combine multiple images into one PDF file and save or share it. For example, you can take pictures of a whiteboard in class and use one of the tools below to convert these multiple images into one PDF file.
PDF files are common and you can use them on any platform. This is why knowing how to quickly convert JPEG or PNG images to PDF can come in handy. Let’s take a look at some of the easiest ways to create a PDF file from multiple images.
Use the PDF Printer in Windows
Microsoft Print to PDF is a built-in tool in Windows. It is a virtual printer available from all applications that have a print function. Let’s try it with the images folder.
- Place all images in a folder and sort them in the desired order. Rename the files if necessary.
- Select all images, then go to the Share tab in the toolbar and click Print.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF from the list of available printers. Use the left and right arrow buttons to scroll through the selected images.
- Select the paper size and quality. In most cases, A4 is the default.
- Choose one of the pre-designed layouts on the right. For example, you can select a full-page photo if you need it. Printing images as a contact sheet is a good inexpensive option if you have multiple images and want to test their relative merits.
- Click the Options link in the lower-right corner of the dialog for more options for customizing printing. In this dialog box, you can sharpen the images for printing if you want to print the PDF file.
- Leave the Show only options compatible with my printer option selected if you are going to use your own printer.
- Click the Printer Properties link and select landscape or portrait orientation.
- Click OK and return to the Print Images dialog box. Do not clear the Fit to Frame checkbox. It is always on by default.
- Click Print to create a PDF file, then save the PDF file to your desktop.
Use Microsoft Word
Convert to PDF is also part of Microsoft Office and can help you export Office documents to PDF with one click. Microsoft Word can also help you create creative image layouts and then export them as a PDF file.
- Open Word and create a new blank document.
- Choose Ribbon> Insert> Insert Pictures From. Use the menu to insert pictures from your desktop or any other online source. Adjust the size of the images using the selection handles. You can use Word tables and other formatting tools to position the images in the layout you want.
- Save your document. Then go to File> Export> Create PDF / XPS Document to convert the multiple image file to PDF.
Did you know that you can even use Microsoft Word to password protect a PDF document?
Use an Online Image to PDF Converter
PDF is a versatile format, as are many of the tools that support it. You will find many free and paid file converters on the Internet, and almost all of them work with PDF.
Here are three that can convert multiple images to PDF files with one click.
JPG to PDF
JPG to PDF is a nice little PDF conversion tool that doesn’t watermark you or put any other restrictions on you. Drag and drop or upload 20 images in one batch. There is no file size limit, so you can upload as many images as you like.
It does not compress the images you upload. Before converting files, you can use the editing tools to rotate, optimize, or reduce the image. Download the PDFs separately for each image, or click the COMBINED button to combine them all into one PDF.
I love PDF
This is another simple JPG to PDF utility that gives you a few more options to work with. You can set the orientation, use three typical page sizes, and end up with margins.
After converting your images to PDF, download it directly to your desktop or store it in your Google Drive or Dropbox folder. Share the file with friends from your cloud accounts or use the shared link.
The server deletes all stored files after two hours.
Want a swiss knife for all your PDFs? PDF Candy has a set of tools for working with PDF files. JPG to PDF is one option.
PDF Candy is secure and the site says there are no files stored on their servers. Each tool is free and without any restrictions, restrictions or hidden obstacles. There is PDF Candy software for Windows that can be downloaded and used offline.
Note. Surprisingly, the online Adobe JPG to PDF converter does not allow you to upload more than one photo and convert it to PDF.
Use a Chrome Extension
There are several Chrome extensions that can handle this too. Multiple Images to PDF is a Chrome extension that does not go through the server with your PNG and JPG images before converting them to PDF.
An extension is the interface for the site that performs the conversion. As you can see in the screen above, there are several file options that you can control. For example, you can change the scale of the image and reduce the size of the PDF file.
The maximum file size is 20 MB. The online tool can handle JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF and WEBP images.
Use Adobe Acrobat to Create Searchable PDF Files
If you have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your computer, you have a powerful tool at your fingertips. Adobe Acrobat is paid software that has other bells and whistles too.
Acrobat lets you fix and enhance images before creating the PDF. You can use OCR to create searchable PDF files from scanned image files and whiteboard images.
But creating a PDF is a simple 3 step process:
- Select the Create PDF tool.
- Navigate to the location of your file.
- Click Create.
Adobe Photoshop can also create multi-page PDFs in no time, but you can defer this decision for specialized work.
Put PDF Files With Multiple Images to Creative Uses
There is no point in converting multiple images to a PDF file. This will only increase the bloat. But what you can do is use this format for some creative purposes.
- Convert your Instagram photos to PDF and print them.
- Scan all of your operating instructions and convert them to one PDF file.
- Thanks to OCR, which can extract text from images, you can capture entire whiteboard shots. The original images and the extracted recordings can be useful as teaching materials.
Think of more creative ways to use PDF images and let us know below.
How to Convert Multiple Images into PDF Files
how to convert multiple images to pdf