Online shopping has allowed consumers to conveniently search for the best prices. Coupons significantly influence purchasing decisions and other actions that web developers are asked to use in their web design.
90% of consumers use coupons. Digital coupon redemptions are expected to reach $ 91 billion by 2022, with over 25 million Americans using coupons every month to save money.
Why do we offer a popup coupon to visitors?
Experienced website owners know that offering customers a discount through a coupon is a powerful way to get them to buy.
Everyone is very fond of. Offering coupons helps brands increase website activity, increase website conversions, and recover and convert abandoned carts.
Since WordPress (WP) is the most popular content management system, this article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to create a WP coupon popup.
Find the plugin in your WP admin panel, click on it and then connect to OptinMonster
Create a Coupon Popup with OptinMonster
- Log into your OptinMonster dashboard and click Create New Campaign.
- From the Campaign Type list, select Popup. On the next screen, you will see several professionally designed templates in various colors and layouts.
- Select the coupon template to create the popup and click it. Then select Use Template, give your campaign a name, and select the website you want to use it on.
- Since you have already connected your website (see above), you will see your site URL in the dropdown. menu.
- Select it and click Start Build.
Designer Coupon Popup
Use the drag and drop builder to change the design, text and colors of your coupon.
To change an element in the design, click on it. Make your changes on the left side of the page and they will appear in the pop-up preview on the right.
Close the element by clicking the Home or X button.
The color surrounding the coupon popup is called background overlay. To edit it, go to Subscription Settings> View Styles.
You can change the background style to a solid color or gradient fill. You can also add an image and change the border.
When you’re happy with the way your coupon looks, click Save.
How will customers receive your coupon?
After you finish designing your coupon popup, you must decide how to transfer the coupon to your customers.
OptinMonster recommends delivering it immediately using their Success view and also by email. To use email, you must enable integration with your email service provider.
In the Success view, you can also:
- include a coupon code as shown in the screenshot above.
- Redirect visitors to another page to use the coupon. Li>
Note that the Success view is the default button action. If you want to use a different setting, change the button action by doing the following:
- Edit the button text.
- Click Action.
- Under Form Successful Action, click the drop-down list to view the available options. If you want to redirect to a URL, enter it in the box.
- Log into your WP dashboard.
- Click “Add New Campaign” in the Icegram section on the left sidebar.
- Choose one of the ready-made templates. and click “Preview”.
- If you like the way it looks in preview, click Use This to start customizing the template.
- When the campaign opens, click Posts and add or edit post content.
- Customize how and when the coupon popup appears by clicking Display Rules.
- All Sites
- Home Page
- Selected Pages
- Specific URLs Your Site
- All users
- Only registered users
- Not users who are logged in
- Review the form and settings and click Publish when all is well.
- To create a coupon, download and install the plugin. Edit the standard coupon or add a new one.
- Create a coupon shortcode using the WP Editor Shortcode Inserter.
- Submit your offer in the Deal section. Enter the terms of the coupon deal in the “Terms” section.
- To use a coupon, paste the shortcode on any page or post where you want it to appear. If you set an expiration date, the coupon will no longer be visible after the expiration date you set.
Select display rules
To choose where and when visitors will see your coupon, go to the Display Rules tab.
You can use different types of content, campaigns and exclusive offers on each page.
To learn more about how to use display rules, read: How to use display rules to customize when a campaign appears.
Other WordPress plugins to build popup coupon marketing campaigns
WP offers other plugins to help you create your own coupon popup. Below are some of them.
Download and install the WP Icegram plugin for creating visually attractive custom subscriptions and calls to action by following these steps:
Popup Display Options:
Where: Choose where you want the coupon popup to be displayed.
When: Do you want the popup to be displayed all the time or only on a schedule?
Device: Choose on which devices the pop-up will be displayed.
Who do you want to see in the pop-up window?
Retargeting: Do you want the coupon popup to only appear once per session?
Do you want to show them the popup again after the visitor clicks on the call to action?
Create Your Own Coupon Popup with Coupon Creator WP Plugin
Coupon Creator uses a custom post type and only requires a few settings. The free version allows users to display and print coupons to customers.
One of the free templates displays an image on the inner border of the coupon. The free template has space on the coupon by default to indicate the deal, terms and expiration date of the offer.
If you need more features, there is also a pro version.
For a complete list of WP coupon popup plugins visit WordPressorg. Expand your email list, increase your social media followers, and increase sales by creating your own coupon popup on your WP site.