How to Download Netflix Movies on Mac 2022.
Streaming Netflix is an easy task on Mac. It is perfectly optimized for browsers and works flawlessly. But what the web app lacks is the ability to download movies for offline viewing. Unlike other platforms, Netflix also doesn’t provide a dedicated app to help you with this.
The Netflix iPhone and iPad app does not support AirPlay, so it is also not possible to stream downloads to Mac. This is a serious problem if you have an unstable internet or a MacBook that you travel with a lot.
Also Read : How do i fix netflix error 113
However, if you are using a Mac with an Intel chipset, you have the option to install Windows via Boot Camp. Then you can use the Netflix Windows app to download Netflix movies and TV shows on your Mac without any problem.
Obviously, for most, this is not convenient (and not even feasible). But if you want to save a batch of Netflix movies to watch when you don’t have Internet access, then the only way out is to take the time to install Windows on your Mac.
Download the Windows Disc Image File
Intel-based Mac computers allow you to install Windows using the built-in Boot Camp Assistant. But first, you must get a Windows 10 disk image.
Note. At the time of writing, Apple has yet to support Windows 11 via Boot Camp on Mac.
1. Visit the official Windows 10 download page
2. Open the drop-down menu and select Windows 10. Then select Confirm.
3. Select a language (for example, English) and select 64-bit download. Your browser will immediately start downloading the Windows 10 disk image file.
Install Windows Using Boot Camp Assistant
After downloading the Windows 10 disk image, you can start installing Windows 10. Boot Camp Assistant needs at least 40 GB of free space on your Mac’s internal storage.
1. Open the launchpad and choose Other> Boot Camp Assistant. When Boot Camp Assistant finishes launching, select Continue.
2. Select the Windows 10 disk image and specify the size of the Boot Camp partition. If you plan on downloading a lot of Netflix content, make it as large as possible.
3. Select Install. Boot Camp Assistant will download additional support software, share internal memory, and automatically boot into Windows Setup.
4. Specify keyboard layout and language. Then select “Install.”
5. Select “I don’t have a product key” and select the Windows 10 version – Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro. Learn about the differences between Windows 10 Home and Pro.
6. Select BOOTCAMP as the target partition. Then click Next to install Windows 10.
After the installation is complete, Windows Setup will walk you through setting up your account and privacy settings. You will also be prompted to sign in with a Microsoft account.
Note. If you’re having problems connecting to Wi-Fi while installing Windows, set up an offline profile. You will have internet access when you fully boot Windows 10 later.
Install Support Software and Update Windows
After the installation procedure, your Mac will boot into Windows 10. Follow the steps in the Boot Camp installer (it should appear automatically) to apply device drivers and other supporting software to make the operating system work properly on your Mac.
Then search for and download the Apple Software Update app from the Start menu. Then install any additional updates it can find.
Next, open the Start menu and select Settings> Windows Update to install any pending Windows 10 updates. Additionally, we strongly recommend that you select View Additional Updates and install any hardware driver updates.
Install Netflix via the Microsoft Store
You are done installing and configuring Windows 10 on your Mac! Before you can download Netflix movies on your Mac, you need to install the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store.
1. Open Microsoft Store. You can launch it through the list of programs on the Start menu or by clicking the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
2. Search for the Netflix app.
3. Select Get or Install to install Netflix on your Mac using Boot Camp.
4. Then select “Launch” to open Netflix. Or open it from the start menu.
5. Select “Sign In” and sign in with your Netflix credentials.
6. Select your profile to start using the Netflix app on Windows on Mac.
Download Netflix Movies and TV Shows on Mac
The Netflix Windows app lets you stream TV shows and movies. It’s pretty intuitive, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding your way. You can also download Netflix movies and TV series.
1. Select a movie or TV show in the Netflix app.
2. Find the Download button (downward pointing arrow) next to the movie or episode.
A rounded progress bar should appear. You can select it to pause or cancel the download before it finishes.
3. Queue multiple downloads by clicking the Download button next to other movies and episodes.
Watch Downloads on the Netflix App
You can play your downloaded Netflix movie or TV series right through its title page. Or you can do it through the downloads library.
1. Open the More menu (three compound lines) in the upper left corner of the Netflix app.
2. Select Downloads.
2. Select a movie or episode to start playback.
Delete Downloads on the Netflix App
You can manage your Netflix downloads through the download library. This helps free up space on the Boot Camp partition and prevents it from running out of space.
1. Open the download library in the Netflix app.
2. Select “Manage”.
3. Select a download or multiple downloads and click Delete to delete them.
Manage Download Settings in the Netflix App
Netflix provides several options to determine how downloads work. You can access them through the app’s settings panel.
1. Open the More menu (three dots icon) in the upper left corner of the Netflix app.
2. Select “Settings”.
3. In the Downloads section, turn on the toggle next to Smart Downloads so that Netflix prompts you to delete completed episodes and automatically download subsequent episodes.
4. Select “Video Quality” to define the quality of your videos. Selecting High requires the most storage space and bandwidth.
5. The disk usage indicator shows the amount of free memory in the Boot Camp partition, including the space occupied by the operating system and the Netflix app. You can instantly delete all downloaded content by clicking the trash can icon next to the Delete All Downloads field.
Activating Windows 10 in Boot Camp
Windows 10 will continue to run through BootCamp without activation. However, you’ll have to deal with the Activate Windows watermark and miss out on a few customization options (like the ability to customize your desktop background).
If you choose to activate Windows, open the Start menu and select Settings> Update & Security> Activation.
Switch Between Windows and macOS
To return to installing macOS, restart your Mac, press and hold the Option key as it starts up. Then select Macintosh HD as your startup disk.
Repeat the same, but choose BOOTCAMP whenever you want to boot into Windows. Or open the Apple menu on macOS and choose BOOTCAMP from System Preferences> Startup Disk to start Windows the next time you start your Mac.
Alternative Method: Use Virtualization Software on Mac
Another way to use Windows on a Mac (and subsequently download Netflix content) is to use virtualization software such as Oracle VM VirtualBox, VMWare Fusion, or Parallels Desktop. Unlike Boot Camp, this is also convenient because you can run Windows from macOS itself. So forget about having to constantly change operating systems.
Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion come with 14-day and 30-day trials, respectively. Both tend to run Windows well. VirtualBox is completely free, but does not provide the best Windows performance on Mac.
Note. Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion allow you to install ARM-based versions of Windows 10 and 11 on Apple Silicon Macs. However, during our tests, Netflix encountered error codes U7354 and VC2-CV2-V6 when trying to play and download content. We were unable to solve them.
How to Download Netflix Movies on Mac 2022
How to Download Netflix Movies on Mac 2022