Ever wanted to save videos from social media sites? Maybe there is a Twitter video that you want to download, or a Facebook or Instagram video that you want to keep? These sites don’t have a download button, but there are third-party tools that allow you to save videos from Instagram and other social networks.
Some of the best video downloaders for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are web apps, which means you don’t need to download a program on your computer to use them. Just copy the link of the video you want to save and then paste it into the video downloader website to get the file (some even allow you to convert the video to audio file format).
All of the methods below work from a computer, but you can also use them to save videos directly to your phone or tablet. However, depending on your device, you may need an additional application that can handle file uploads. iPhone, for example, can use documents, MyMedia, or files.
Note. Downloading videos from these websites means that the videos are actually stored on the site and are not linked by other links. For example, if there is a link to a YouTube video in a Facebook post, you cannot use the Facebook video downloader to save it; you will need a YouTube downloader instead.
Important: You must know the copyright laws in your country before downloading videos from Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Just because the video is free to download doesn’t mean you can use it.
Download Twitter videos
- Click the arrow next to the tweet and select Copy Link To Tweet. If you are already watching a video tweet, you can copy the URL shown in your browser’s navigation bar.
- Paste the URL into the text box in SaveTweetVid and click Download.
- Please select one of the download options. You should see links to download videos of varying quality.
- The Twitter video download should start automatically, but if not, right-click the page and choose the save option. Or, if you see a menu in the lower right corner, select it and then select Download. You might also be in luck if you use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + S.
Mobile users may prefer an app that downloads videos from Twitter. Twitter video downloader and Twitter video download are several options for Android.
Download videos from Facebook
Facebook has a “Save Video” option, but this is not something you should use if you want to download a video from Facebook. Fortunately, there are several free Facebook video downloaders that you can use to do the same: save Facebook videos to your computer, phone, or tablet.
We’ll be using Getfvid for this tutorial, but some other sites that work similarly include Fbdownloader, FBDOWN, and BitDownloader There are even apps built specifically for this, like Video Downloader for Facebook for Android.
- Copy the link to the Facebook video by selecting the three-dot menu and choosing “Copy Link”.
- Open Getfvid, paste the link in the text box and select DOWNLOAD.
Step 3: Choose a download option. You can download Facebook videos in HD or normal quality, or convert Facebook videos to MP3.
Download Instagram videos
As with other social media video downloaders, to save Instagram videos, you need to copy the post link and then paste it into the web app. Below we use DownloadGram, but there are others that work too, including Instaview, Downloadinstagramvideos, w3toys, and Savefromweb
Tip: We also have a guide on how to save Instagram full size images.
- Copy the link to the Instagram video. You can do this by opening the video and copying the URL displayed in your web browser. Another option that is required if you are using the Instagram app is to click on the three-dot menu button in the post and select “Copy Link”.
- Paste the link into the text box on DownloadGram, then select “Download” and then “Download Video”.
- When prompted to download a video from Instagram, name it something you’ll recognize and choose where to save it.
There are also Instagram video downloader apps that might be easier to use if you’re using a mobile device. InstaSave is one example of Android devices that can download videos and images from Instagram pages.