How to Enable and Download Twitch VODs 2022.
There are many reasons to download your videos from Twitch, such as keeping offline backups or uploading them to different streaming platforms. Twitch makes it easy to download past broadcasts from the VOD (video on demand) archive of your Twitch account.
But before you can do that, you must set Twitch to save your videos after you’ve finished streaming them. So, in this guide, you will learn what you need to do to activate video on demand for your creator account, and then download the broadcasts to your computer or mobile device.
Activate Video On Demand in Twitch
You can enable video-on-demand (VOD) on Twitch through the Twitch streamer toolbar, but this is only possible if you’re using a web browser. You cannot use the Twitch desktop or mobile apps to enable VOD.
1. Type twitch.tv into the address bar of any web browser on your Mac or PC to visit the Twitch website. If you only have access to an iPhone or Android smartphone, be sure to activate the PC version of the site via the browser menu after it has finished downloading.
2. Sign in to your Twitch account.
3. Select your Twitch profile icon in the top right corner of your browser tab. Then select “Authors Panel” from the drop-down menu.
4. Select “Settings” in the Twitch sidebar to access your channel’s settings. Then select Stream.
5. Scroll down to the “VOD settings” section and turn on the switch next to “Keep past broadcasts”. This will also enable the “Always Post VOD” feature – turn it off if you don’t want Twitch to post broadcasts without your permission, or exclude certain VOD categories using the “Exclude Categories” list.
Note. Twitch will only store your videos for 14 days. However, if you are a Twitch Partner or a Twitch Prime or Turbo user, your videos may be kept for 60 days. Don’t forget to download the videos before they expire.
Download Videos on Windows and macOS
Now that you’ve activated the Video on Demand feature, you can start saving your live sessions as soon as they end. However, Twitch only provides native support for VOD downloads on Mac and PC desktop browsers.
Note. While you can download twitch.tv in desktop mode on iPhone and Android, you won’t be able to download videos on demand. Instead, use a third-party Twitch downloader (more on that below).
1. Open the Twitch web app on your Mac or PC.
2. Select your Twitch avatar in the top right corner of the screen and select Video Producer.
3. Set the video filter to Past broadcasts.
4. Click the More icon (three dots) next to the Twitch stream you want to download.
5. Click the Download button.
Tip: If you want to download the broadcast to YouTube, you can do it directly without downloading the video to your computer. Simply select the “Export” option from the drop-down menu, sign in with your YouTube account and select “Upload”.
6. Wait while Twitch prepares and downloads the video to your computer.
The download time of a video depends on its length and the speed of your internet connection. After that, check your browser’s download manager or Downloads folder on Mac or PC.
Download Videos on Android & iOS
The Twitch app for Android and iOS does not offer the ability to download Twitch VODs. The desktop version of the Twitch web app also doesn’t let you do this.
Get Twitch VOD URL
1. Open Twitch on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap your profile picture and select My Channel.
3. Click the Video tab. Then select a video from past broadcasts and tap the share icon.
4. Tap Share To > Copy (iPhone) or Copy Link (Android).
Download video on demand Twitch on iOS
1. Open Safari and visit unTwitch.com.
2. Press and hold the URL field and select Paste to enter the Twitch VOD URL. Then click Submit.
3. Select the download format and resolution, set the start and end time of the video (or leave the default settings unchanged to download the entire video) and click Download Video.
4. Click “Download” in the Safari pop-up window to save the video to iPhone.
5. Open the Safari menu and click Downloads to open the Safari Download Manager.
6. Monitor the progress of the download or tap the magnifying glass icon to open the Downloads folder on iPhone.
Note: unTwtich.com downloads videos in MP4 format by default. If you’re having trouble viewing them in the native Photos app, try using a third-party media player like VLC Player instead.
Download Twitch VOD on Android
1. Open the Google Play Store. Then find and install Video Downloader for Twitch.
2. Paste the Twitch VOD address into the URL field and click Download.
3. Enter a file name. Then specify a start and end time, or leave the default settings as they are to download all videos.
4. Click Download.
5. Monitor the progress of the download and check if the video file exists in the Downloads folder on Android.
Downloading Twitch Videos From Other Channels
Twitch does not condone downloading past video streams from other channels. But if you just want to save the video for offline viewing and don’t intend to re-download it anywhere else, use the following tools to save any Twitch VOD to your computer or mobile device.
PC: Twitch Leecher is an open source Twitch VOD downloader for Windows. Install Twitch Leecher via GitHub and search for on-demand video downloads right from the app itself.
Mac: The most convenient way to download Twitch videos from other channels is to use a web downloader such as unTwitch.com. Simply right-click on the VOD, select “Copy Link Address” and then paste the URL into unTwitch.com to start downloading.
iPhone and Android: As with your own Twitch videos on demand, simply use unTwitch.com or Video Downloader for Twitch to download past broadcasts from other Twitch channels. Just use the “Share” option while watching a video to capture its URL.
How to Enable and Download Twitch VODs 2022
How to Enable and Download Twitch VODs 2022