How To Hide Hard Drive Partitions using cmd.
How many times do you feel the need to hide your drives, partitions or protect our official documents from other users. In this tutorial, I will show you how we can hide our drive (s) using cmd, without any third party software. Well, this is simply done with the diskpart command.
Here are the steps:
1. First of all go to Start Accessories Run (or you can use the Windows shortcut + [r]), type “diskpart” and press Enter.
Confirmation will be asked, click “Yes”.
2. This will open cmd, enter the following command without quotation marks “list of volumes” and press Enter (a list of disks will appear showing the volumes, the letters assigned to them, etc.).
3. Select the volume you want to hide. In my case, I want to hide the “D” drive, its corresponding volume – 1.
4. Type the command “select volume 1” and press Enter.
5. The message “Volume 1 selected” appears. Now just remove the drive you want to hide by typing “remove letter d” and hitting Enter.
6. That’s all, check your computer (win + E logo), there is no selected drive.
How to get back a hidden drive
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 above to list the size of your drives.
- Select the drive you want to show, as in my case, I want to return my “D” drive. Enter the command “selected volume 1” and press Enter.
- “Volume 1 selected” will be displayed. Now enter the command “assign letter d” and press Enter. Now check the drive on my computer, it will come back again.