Have you ever written an essay or report and wanted to include a large image? Maybe a nice graph or chart? The answer is to place it on the page in a landscape or horizontal layout. You try this, but then all pages go to landscape orientation.
Here’s the quickest and easiest way to make one page horizontal in Word.
Also, feel free to watch the video we’ve posted on our YouTube channel where we’ll walk you through the same steps as in this article, just with emphasis!
The point-and-click method to make a single page horizontal in Word
- Select the image or text that we want to place on the page in landscape orientation.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Click the down arrow below the Fields button.
- Click Custom Fields
- In the middle of the Page Setup window, click the Landscape button.
- At the bottom of the Page Setup window, in the Apply To: selection box, change it to Selected Text. Click OK.
The selected image or text will now appear on a separate page in landscape orientation. Resize the chart to match it as closely as possible and we have a nice report.
As simple as it is, it can be done faster with keyboard shortcuts. Let’s take a look at how to make a one-page album in Word using keyboard shortcuts
The fastest way to make a single page horizontal in Word
How much faster is this method? I calculated the time using the point and click method and the keyboard shortcuts only method. After practicing keyboard shortcuts a few times, it took less than 30 seconds, while the point-and-click method took about a minute.
Using keyboard shortcuts to perform your most frequent tasks not only saves time, but it can also save your health. For many people, wrist pain from work is caused by using a mouse. Another added bonus is that you’ll look like a superstar at work. You will do something in seconds, while others will take minutes.
While it may seem like there is more work, it is simply broken down to be very accurate. A lot of people have never used keyboard shortcuts in this way, and we don’t want them to get frustrated and give up because we’re missing something.
- Select the image or text we want to be on. landscape page.
- Press Alt, then press P to move from the Home tab to the Layout tab.
- Press the M key to open the Fields button drop-down menu.
- Press the A key to select custom fields and open the Page Setup window.
- Press Alt + S to select landscape orientation.
- Press Alt + Y to select the Apply To: field, then press the down arrow button once to select Selected Text. Press Enter once to select the selected text, then press Enter again to apply the setting.
The Page Setup window closes and the text or image is now on the landscape page.
If you like how fast keyboard shortcuts were, take a look at our other articles on the magic of keyboard shortcuts. You will be surprised how you survived without these 10 best keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10. If you want a shortcut for something, you can also create your own keyboard shortcut for it in Windows 10.
Are there great shortcuts to share? Or questions about other ways to solve complex problems in Office or Windows? Add this in the comments below. We are all here to learn.