How to Stop people from Copying data to Pen Drive.
If you have something that you want people to see but donâ€™t pick it up on a flash drive, or if you donâ€™t want a student to copy content from computers, I have the perfect solution for you.
Difficulty level: easy
Follow these simple steps:
Note: To do this, you need to be logged in as an administrator.
- Open the run dialog (use the keyboard shortcut win + r).
- Type regedit, press Enter, the Registry Editor will open.
- Now go to the following URL:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Control
- If you are a Window seven user, you will need to add a new folder here, right click on the new pane key and name it StorageDevicePolicies.
- Open StorageDevicePolicies by clicking on it, then right click on the plane New Dword (32 bit) rename it to WriteProtect. Change its value to 1 to enable write protection.
Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
Now, every time someone tries to copy data to a flash drive, this image will appear.
How to remove write protection
Well, when you need to take data from your system for yours, just change the WriteProtect value you created above to 0 (ZERO). This will now be disabled and you can now copy the data.
- For this trick to work, you need to restart your computer.
- Make sure you spell it correctly to rename the key. To avoid confusion, try copying from the page itself.