Why Is My iPhone Battery Yellow – An Explanation & How To Fix It.
If this is your first time seeing your iPhone battery icon turn yellow, it’s natural to wonder why. There is a reason it changed the color from the original black bar and there are ways to return it to the default color.
This is due to the drain on your iPhone’s battery, and here we explain why this is happening and what you can do about it.
Why is the iPhone battery yellow?
Your iPhone’s battery icon is yellow because your device is in power saving mode. When this mode is on, it changes the color of the battery icon to yellow, indicating that the mode is working on your phone.
Until this option is disabled, your battery will remain amber.
What are affected when the iPhone battery turns yellow?
When the iPhone battery icon turns yellow, it means multiple items have been affected on your phone. Low Power Mode changes the way certain apps and features work on your iPhone, and you will notice changes in the following features of your phone according to Apple.
- Receiving email.
- Hey Siri.
- Updating the background application.
- Automatic download.
- Some visual effects.
- iCloud Photo.
How to manually turn off Low Power Mode
If you want to get rid of the yellow iPhone battery icon, you can do so by disabling low power mode on your phone.
- Launch the Settings app on the iPhone home screen.
- Scroll down to find and tap the option labeled Battery.
- At the top, you will find an option labeled “Low Power Mode”. Disable it to restore the original battery icon color.
How to automatically turn off Low Power Mode
If you want your iPhone to automatically turn off Low Power Mode, you need to connect your iPhone to charging. When your phone is charged at 80% or higher, the mode will automatically turn off.
How to add the Low Power Mode option to Control Center
You can add a switch for low power mode in Control Center to quickly and easily turn this setting on and off.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Find the option labeled Control Center and click on it to open it.
- On the next screen, you can choose between two options. Click Customize Controls to choose the controls and options that appear in the Control Center.
- On the next screen you will find a list of all the options that can be added to the Control Center. At the top, you have the items that have already been added to the Control Center.
- To add the option we want, scroll down and find Power Saving Mode. Click on the green plus sign next to it and it will be added.
- You can close the Settings application.
- Open the Control Center and you will find the newly added setting there. Click on it to switch to low power mode.
How to prevent the iPhone battery from turning yellow
There are several things you can do to reduce the chances of your iPhone changing the battery color to yellow. Here are some battery saving tips that you can follow so your iPhone uses less power and doesn’t have to go into low power mode.
Decrease screen brightness
Screen brightness consumes a significant portion of the battery power. Therefore, you should keep it as low as possible. This will prevent the battery from draining faster.
- Open the Settings app on iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on the option labeled Display & Brightness.
- At the top you will see a slider that allows you to change the brightness level. Drag it slightly to the left and continue until you can clearly see the content on the screen. Ultimately, you will achieve the ideal brightness level.
Get data manually
By default, your iPhone is set to automatically check for new emails, calendar entries, contact updates, and more. That’s good, but it uses a lot of battery power as it constantly runs in the background trying to find updates.
If your battery is low, disable this setting and use the manual boot option instead.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Click Passwords & Accounts.
- Click “Get New Data” at the bottom.
- Disable push at the top.
- Select Manual in the Receive section below.
Turn off Hey Siri
Hey Siri lets you launch Siri with voice commands, but it uses up a decent amount of battery power. It should be ready in the background all the time, waiting for you to call it.
You can turn it off to save your iPhone battery if you don’t use it that often.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Click “Siri & Search” on the next screen.
- Turn off Listen Hey Siri.
You can still use Siri by pressing and holding the Home button on iPhone.
Disable background app refresh
Many applications on your iPhone run and update in the background. This is in order to receive new updates such as WhatsApp message updates, new email notifications, etc. This process consumes a lot of battery power as it connects to various application servers, receives new updates and sends you notifications about them.
Disabling background app refreshing for these apps will help extend battery life.
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Click General.
- Click Refresh Background Application on the next screen.
- Disable this feature for all applications, or disable it for individual applications in the list.
How to save battery power on iPhone without turning the battery icon yellow? Let us know about the methods you are using in the comments below.